mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String...


These are a few of my FAVORITE things!

If you're a mom, you know the boundless love that can explode from the specially prepared handmade gifts that come to you in a decorated brown paper bag.

I noticed this morning, sitting under our christmas tree, a carefully placed package. The wrapping is simple-- a brown paper lunch sack. But it's special-- there is a carefully drawn picture on the front, it is stapled shut at the top, and the important message written in first-grade handwriting:

To: Mom
From: Sadie

I often refer to a book I've read called "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman and know that one of the love languages that speaks the most to me is gifts. I love the element of surprise, the thoughtfulness from the giver, and the love they impart via a treasure for me... big or small.

So I can hardly wait. Yet I love the anticipation. But I am counting the days to Christmas (with help from my kids) until I get to open the precious brown paper package from my sweet first grader that's carefully placed beneath our tree.

No comments: