Okay, as promised... some photos and info on my recent trip to Bellevue for the Creating Keepsakes scrapbook convention!!!
It was the greatest time... a girls weekend/roadtrip with 6 friends from the area... riding in a minivan... heading to Scrapbooking Heaven... woot, woot!
A little info on the photos: 1.
1.Friend Angela working on a layout in our class "Scheming Around" (which was sponsored by Simple Scrapbooks and taught by creative editor Wendy Smedley)--fun uses of circles in this class!
2. ME and Jennifer prepped and waiting for my first class to start-- "2008 Latest and Greatest with Basic Grey" (isn't Jennifer gorgeous? She's even wearing a new outfit she bought on our previous night's shopping spree at Bellevue Square-- oh yeah!)
3. Our "Group"... Pullman and Moscow-ites that are crazy enough to travel hundreds of miles for scrapbooking goodness...
4. A shot inside the Vendor Faire... essentially a room with 70 scrapbook stores in it. Yup. Dangerous on the pocketbook! Good thing I was saving $$$ for this one!
5. Anita and Barb chatting before our "Scheming Around" class.
6. My LOOT. I've never bought so much scrapbooking stuff in a day's time... or a year's time for that matter...
7. The projects I made. Some were "make-and-takes" at exhibitor booths, some were layouts I created in classes (including a full 20 page 8x8 album by SEI done in a one hour class!)
8. Anita and I with Mandy Douglass... she's the new Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooker of the Year. (Elizabeth Karchner was last year's winner.) Mandy's stuff will start showing up in the 2009 issues of CK.
9. A shot of the readerboard as we arrived at the Meydenbauer Center... we were so silly excited!
So, for those of you who "get this" and wish you could have joined us, plan on it next year! First weekend in November! We're there.
While Mommy had a Girls Weekend (look for a post about it soon!), it was "Daddy's Turn" to run the household for three days.
And I was impressed! And amazed. And so thankful. (Oh, and am ready to leave again soon if this is what happens while I'm away!)
I bet I can count 10 unexpected good things that happened at my house while I was away. Let's see...
1. Cooked dinner using a new recipe... using Pheasant (a first in our household). 2. The chimney swept. 3. The woodstove cleaned out. 4. Chocolate chip cookies made from SCRATCH. 5. The garage swept out. 6. A trip to the park. 7. Multiple rounds of the game Sequence for Kids. 8. Piano practiced. 9. New light fixtures installed. 10. Basketball tickets sacrificed to get kids to bed on time.
Isn't that incredible? Thanks so much, dear! I love you!
1. Scarves. Now I just need tips on HOW to wear them. 2. Grande Nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte w/ Light Whip from 'Bucks. Mmmmmm... 3. Playing in the leaves (and great photos that come with it! Isn't this the sweetest photo of S-Bug???) 4. Scrap Camp. See other posts for more on this one! (photo from last year) 5. The privilege to vote. Have you voted yet???
... until we meet again! Scrap Camp at the Palouse Divide is over, but already on the calendar for next year.
We CRIED with a friend who went through a HORRIBLE ordeal a few months back (but she is super strong about it all! You're the best, "Kelby"!) and we LAUGHED with another friend who is the best story teller ever (my stomach muscles were sore from bustin' a gut the night before) and we SCRAPPED like crazy!
I did a variety of paper crafting projects, but here's a smattering of the layouts I produced while away on my favorite weekend of each year. My main goal was to USE some older products that I've had sitting around for ages by combining them with some fun new items... a good challenge and economical too! Here's what I came up with: