My sister in law Shelle tagged me for the seven random facts... it's been almost a year since I've done it, so I figure I can come up with 7 new ideas!
(And, BTW, you HAVE to visit Shelle's blog and see her creative clever and funny-in-not-such-a-good-way layout about her first trimester of pregnancy...)
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day where many people have the day off of work... (not the case for stay at home moms like me) I thought I'd share 7 random facts about EMPLOYMENT and ME.
1. My first job was peeling potatos for a local cafe. They were famous for their curly fries, so BUCKETS of potatoes needed to be peeled every day. I earned $3.40 an hour. Minimum wage in Idaho. (I feel old now...)
2. In college I worked for Pizza Hut. And dumped a tray full of drinks on the table of our district manager. Guess I'm not cut out to waitress...
3. I got a degree in Advertising (minor in Marketing) and started a job in my field directly out of college. That's somewhat unusual, isn't it?
4. I continued working a job outside the home until my second child was 13 months old. Then I took on the job of full time mom. And I'm blessed to have had that job for almost 5 years now.
5. I love using blogging and digiscrapping as my excuse for keeping up with technology so that I will be qualified to enter the workforce again someday (maybe soon??? Only God knows!).
6. In my experiences of doing "odd jobs" here and there these past few years, I've realized that I DO NOT want to be self employed and work from home. (Kudos to you moms who can manage a job and kids all at the same time! Holy moly!)
7. My dream job would be hosting a television show where I bring in creative people to share their craftiness... papercrafting, cooking, home decor, gardening... I'd learn a lot, meet great people and earn money doing it!
Okay, enough about me. I am supposed to pass this on. So, I do! To my sister SUZ. Since I like to see her blog get updated. :) Plus, she's a super interesting person. You'll have to go visit her blog in a few days and check out her 7 random facts! (Pressure's on, now sis!)
An Easy Traveler's Notebook
6 hours ago