mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Fave-- Creative Ways to Make Money

At a ladies craft night I attended awhile back, I got the inside scoop on making money from home.

No. You don't have to sell makeup, kitchen utensils, cleaners or candles.

But you do get to be creative.

Thanks to the internet, there are now many ways to make money from home by doing jobs you may like! A couple web sites I have not yet visited (but you may be interested) are elance.com, demandstudios.com and associatedcontent.com. I think they're mostly writing/editing sites.

But the one I was most intrigued by was Fiverr.com. Have you heard of it?

You can offer to do something for someone (a gig) for $5. The site takes a dollar, and you keep four.

This is where you get creative.

Just what may you be willing to do for $5? There are some crazy gigs listed... deliver a fart sound to your inbox every day for a month...do 20 pushups while wearing random winter clothing and singing "I believe I can Fly"...shave one leg...

Or, they can be really practical and useful ideas...design a logo for your business...star in your movie or film...research or write your college or high school paper... (I'd be skeptical about the quality of these, however.)

So, interested, I came up with a gig. I wanted it to be worth $5 of time (no logo designs from me for that, peeps), but also wanted to use my skills and passion. And I targeted a pet peeve of mine-- bad social networking profile photos.

I like photos that are cropped and colored well and clearly show SOMEONE or SOMETHING on a profile pic. And I'm happy to help people who can't seem to do that on their own.

I created a gig and people are looking. No bites yet, but I'm so curious to see if someone takes me up on my great deal. I even have a widget on my blog to sell my gig. Not sure I'll become a millionare, but I am curious to see if I earn a few bucks with this fun idea!

So, what would you be willing to do for $5?

1 comment:

Anita Cory said...

Great idea friend! I hope you do make a million bucks! Wait...that would be more than a full time job, but you can dream right?!