mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Technique Tag

 So for Paper Pals I got to play with the new Claudine Hellmuth Studio Creative Layers Foam and Clear Stamps. They are so much fun to use and the possibilities for them are endless!

And since I won some fabulous Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist not too long ago, I started with that on my tag. Color: Frozen Lake.

After the background dried, I used acrylic paints to stamp the background images and then used pigment and dye ink pads to stamp the acrylic stamp outlines on top.

Then using the bike and pattern papers from the My Minds Eye "Good Day Sunshine" line plus some paper leaves, I threw together this fun little project:


Now my only question for peeps who make tags like this. What in the world do you use it for? I love how it turned out, but don't know what to do with it. :)

I wasn't the only one in my household who wanted to have fun with the stamps. The girls got their fingers messy by painting and stamping on fabric and wood. I'll have to share those projects again when they are finished.

While I'm a generally a straightforward paper/scissors/adhesive scrapper, it was fun to get messy with these products I don't normally use!

4 comments:

H Love said...

awesome link...you are so smart(and pretty)!parn

H Love said...

ummmm sorry about the parn???

Brit said...

Super cute Tag! You could get a earth toned frame and frame it, possibly without the glass, and then hang it somewhere cute during the fall season..... idk. i just know it is super cute!

Shawnee said...

Super cute!!

Shawnee
http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com