mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's Show Time!

Here's a little christmas gift I made for my 2 year old niece-- a doorway puppet theatre!

I've seen them in magazines, but thought it would be fun to create my own. I love kids getting the opportunity to play with puppets (or a theatrical stage in general-- when I was a kid my siblings and I created ENDLESS shows for my parents to watch!). So I made a puppet theatre for my kids to use when my oldest (who's posing in the photo here) was 2.

I learned a lesson with my first puppet stage-- it needed to collapse to a compact storage size! So I had fun making this one (complete with said feature) for my sweet niece. I hope she enjoys it, and I hope it inspires you to create something YOU have seen in a catalog.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I LOVE this. My kids are forever hiding behind the couch doing puppet shows. Are these ever going to be available for purchase?!? :) If so I'll be the first in line since the sewing machine and I are not good friends.