mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy NSD!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

My original plan for the day was to spend three hours doing a free online video class from the CK website. I know, I know. I told several of you about my plan, and now you'll see I had to abandon the idea. After having a hard time finding the basic AND the inspirational supplies, I decided to postpone it. And when I realized the class was 1-4 pm EASTERN time I really realized it would be impossible (that's 10-1 my time... which included lunch for 3 kiddos and getting nap/roomtime underway... on my own 'cause my hubby's at work). SO, I hope to take the class after I eventually get the right supplies and find three free hours to do it. After seeing the final product today, I really want to get to it sometime soon! Maybe you will too. Check out this fun mini-book class here.

INSTEAD... I visited a fave site: Designer Digitals. I tried out the "30 Minute Masterpieces" challenge and had a whirlwind of fun doing a fast digital page. I'd definitely have spent more tweaking time on it if allowed, but I think the page turned out pretty good for as fast as I blew through it! Here's my layout:

Now I'm off to edit some photos that have been patiently waiting on my hard drive, and I think I'll finish out my scrapbooking day with a little sewing on some gifts I'm making for sisters and friends. Keep your eye out for a future post on that!

No comments: