mem oirs(mem'warz) n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Okay, as promised... some photos and info on my recent trip to Bellevue for the Creating Keepsakes scrapbook convention!!!
It was the greatest time... a girls weekend/roadtrip with 6 friends from the area... riding in a minivan... heading to Scrapbooking Heaven... woot, woot!
A little info on the photos: 1.
1.Friend Angela working on a layout in our class "Scheming Around" (which was sponsored by Simple Scrapbooks and taught by creative editor Wendy Smedley)--fun uses of circles in this class!
2. ME and Jennifer prepped and waiting for my first class to start-- "2008 Latest and Greatest with Basic Grey" (isn't Jennifer gorgeous? She's even wearing a new outfit she bought on our previous night's shopping spree at Bellevue Square-- oh yeah!)
3. Our "Group"... Pullman and Moscow-ites that are crazy enough to travel hundreds of miles for scrapbooking goodness...
4. A shot inside the Vendor Faire... essentially a room with 70 scrapbook stores in it. Yup. Dangerous on the pocketbook! Good thing I was saving $$$ for this one!
5. Anita and Barb chatting before our "Scheming Around" class.
6. My LOOT. I've never bought so much scrapbooking stuff in a day's time... or a year's time for that matter...
7. The projects I made. Some were "make-and-takes" at exhibitor booths, some were layouts I created in classes (including a full 20 page 8x8 album by SEI done in a one hour class!)
8. Anita and I with Mandy Douglass... she's the new Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooker of the Year. (Elizabeth Karchner was last year's winner.) Mandy's stuff will start showing up in the 2009 issues of CK.
9. A shot of the readerboard as we arrived at the Meydenbauer Center... we were so silly excited!
So, for those of you who "get this" and wish you could have joined us, plan on it next year! First weekend in November! We're there.