mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April Showers Bring... MUD.

And kids CANNOT keep themselves out of it. There is a strong, unavoidable force of gravity between mud (or even just water) and children. I remember it as a child. It would suck you in. And sometimes it sucks in your mud boots too. (And your mom has to come rescue you from the ditch. My mom just reminded me of that event from 30 years ago...)

Strangely, the gravitational pull reverses as you become an adult and you do silly things like intentionally avoiding a path that is most direct through a glorious mud puddle. Why is this???

To embrace and celebrate my kids' desire for dirt and water, we have decided to sacrifice our indoor kitchen playset to the garden. We've had the little play kitchen for over 7 years, and it has lost its luster.

Something tells me that with its new home in the garden, it will cook even more "creations" than it ever did inside our house!



Now, excuse me as I go rinse the bottom of my shoes after my mud garden adventure...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

LOL! You gotta love the mud! This is great!