mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Thursday, March 10, 2011

24 hours later...

(Okay, I AM slow scrapper, but I didn't spend the full 24 hours on this layout...)

Yesterday I started (as my WW photo showed) a new layout using My Mind's Eye's Good Day Sunshine line.

But I didn't stop there.

I saw the recent sketch for the My Minds Eye Blog Challenge and I just love to join in these challenges (because who wouldn't want to win three complete lines of your choice?!?). This particular challenge's theme is "Celebrate Today" and requires 80% MME products. Here's the sketch:

Then I rotated it 90 degrees to the right. (I created a layered file so you can see how the final layout and the sketch matched up.)
Since MME is my favorite manufacturer, I've collected quite a supply of their products. And I LOVE that you can pull pieces from so many different lines that still fit together!

Can you guess the number of product lines I used elements from?

That's it! SIX!

Good Day Sunshine-- papers and accessory sheet
Fine and Dandy-- sticker
Lush-- ribbon and chipboard letters
Life Stories-- accessory sheet (kraft puchouts)
Laundry Line-- dragonfly rubons
Quite Contrary-- sticker

Here's the final product:


Anyway, it was a lot of fun to pull all these pieces together to make a 99% MME layout (1%-bit of red cardstock, fluid chalk and a staple. Oh, and photos. Maybe that's a bit over 1%...). Great challenge, huh?


Do you have favorite online scrappy challenges?

2 comments:

H Love said...

this looks great!

Leah said...

Every single page you do looks like it could be in a magazine. Another great LO.