mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lesson Two: Portraiture 101

Remember my Friday Fave Photo of Sadie? It was for my assignment for my portraiture class. Just last night Candice Stringham commented on my photo for the side lighting assignment in class. I actually got a better review than I expected!

If you're interested, you can hear what she said about my photo here.

And if you care, here's the technical info on the shot:

This is my 10 year old, Sadie. We used a white posterboard for a reflector. I shot in aperture priority.


Camera: Nikon D40
Shutter speed: 1/200
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 40 mm (35 mm equiv. 60 mm)
ISO: 1600
WB: Auto

Did I mention I love this class and I'm so excited to learn more and more about photography? ;)

4 comments:

Sam said...

I'm taking the class vicariously through you!!! So many questions. Where did you put the white posterboard? How do I change the aperture on my DSLR? (i suppose I could read the manual.)

H Love said...

you are inspiring! nice job smarty!

LisiB said...

Wow,this sounds very sophisicated. I am still with my point and shoot little canon.....

Becky said...

How cool, Angela! You're getting audio comments, too. That's awesome!