mem oirs (mem'warz)
n.pl. 1. an autobiography 2. a record of events based on the writer's personal observation and knowledge

Friday, January 29, 2010

Adornit LOVE Wood Banner


This was a new one for me. And now it's a favorite!

I'd not covered wood with paper and embellished it... but Adornit has made such a great wood letter banner series (with instructions on the packaging even!) that I couldn't resist trying it out.

Karen at Paper Pals had all the products and gave me the help I needed to do the project (She's great for that--stop in to the store for inspiration and assistance, too.)

I used the Making Memories "Love Struck" line-- so cute. I like to use simple geometric patterned paper and then embellishing from there.

I love Glossy Accents and Stickles, so I decorated all the letters with one or the other. The fun hanging wood shapes are also embellished with gloss and glitters. I used several pieces from the "Love Struck" valentine tag sheet and glitter stickers too.

My daughter even got to help! She loves being a part of my "grown up" crafts, but I'm also selective of the "help" I receive. She did a GREAT job painting the back sides of the letters with brown acrylic paint.

Have you done wood projects before? Or do they intimidate you? I encourage you to try something-- they're not as hard as you may think! Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

3 comments:

Heather said...

April and I did some letters for our respective houses. We used Yes paste and we both have issues with textures...and it weirded us bothout. HOWEVER, I am in love with my letters that spell a special girl's little name.

Shelle and Dan said...

Beautiful! And you're famous again!

Family of Four said...

So cute! I'm going to have to steal your idea one of these days! You're so creative!